Who doesn’t want neat, lustrous and tangle-free hair! However, with today's pace, it's very difficult to keep our hair healthy. Having said this, it just takes a few minutes of the day to actually nourish our hair! Just 5-10 minutes of healthy hair regime and we will end up having much healthier hair. Here are few steps that I find really easy and effective:
1. Every night brush you hair neatly before going to sleep. You can tie your hair if it's very long. Brush gently, compartmentalising your hair and finishing each neatly. Now brush all together. You will be amazed to see how easy it gets.
2. In the morning before taking a shower brush the hair and make it tangle free. Apply dabs of fresh lime juice with cotton in your scalp. (This is particularly helpful for people with dandruff).
3. Wet your hair, dilute the shampoo with a little water and apply the shampoo softly. You can apply it twice if necessary.
4. When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
5. Rinse your hair to make it completely soap free.
6. Apply conditioner and leave it for 5 minutes or so. Rinse off. Instead of conditioner you can have the last rinse with a cup of beer or vinegar. Your hair will look lustrous and beautiful.
7. Hair serum is a wonderful way to make your hair shiny and silky. Once your hair is dry you can apply serum through the length of the strands.
If you follow these simple steps regularly, I am sure you will have enviable hair you can be proud of.
Tips & Warnings
Apply mashed banana or egg to make your soft and supple
Moisturise your hair. You can go for a hot oil treatment once in a week.
Eat healthy and drink sufficiently, for what we eat reflects on our hair
After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
Never go to bed in wet hair. Hair that is half wet is most easily broken, and if you sleep during this time, your individual hairs will be rubbing against each other, damaging them in the most terrible way.
Do not overdo. Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair!
Get enough sleep. Sleeping well is essential for the health of your hair, as well as for the rest of your body.
If you have split ends or rough hair with dandruff, try to wear it short until you develop healthy hair. You can always grow it back.
Too much of synthetic products spoils your hair. So be careful while choosing you products.
Avoid applying hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles. Use a light hold spray if you must. Make sure to remove all the styling products during the wash. The residues are harmful for hair.
Make a proper hair care kit consisting of proper hair brushes, mild shampoos, hair serum, mild conditioner, fresh lime juice/ vinegar/ yogurt/banana, beer/ tea liquor etc.
Lastly, love and pamper your hair just as you love yourself. Self motivation can do wonders.