Olympus has always been a tried and true contender in the digital camera field. With the introduction of their "Stylus" brands they have now claimed their fame to perfecting the Waterproof camera. Though they have easily proven success with the Stylus Tough 8000 and 6000 models of the past, the new 8010 version is the best yet, and is certainly one of the best waterproof digital cameras now made. The improvements they have made with this camera make you really start to wonder just how much more they can continue to improve upon. This tough little camera has all the bells and whistles any avid camera fan could want and packs quite a punch as well. Not only is this prized toy waterproof to a depth of 33ft, it is also freeze-proof to 14 degrees fahrenheit (-10 Celsius), and is also pretty much indestructible and crush-proof as well. Put all of those improvements together and its easy to understand why the Olympus Tough-8010 Digital Camera Tops my choice for Waterproof Cameras in 2010.
Here are just some of the great features this camera has to offer:
* Water-Proof: The waterproof seals and gaskets will keep the water out allowing you to take great photos as deep as 33 feet underwater.
* Shock-Proof: This cameras metal exterior is complete with shock-absorbing technology which will protect it from drops of up to 6.6 feet.
* Freeze-Proof: It's Whether you are sledding, skiing, snowboarding, or just playing in the snow, you can be at ease with knowing this camera will still perform in extreme temperatures down to 14°F/-10°C.
* Crush-Proof: This camera will hold up to 220 pounds of pressure thanks to its "tough" exterior and reinforced LCD Screen.
* 5X Optical Zoom: A 5x wide-angle optical zoom allows you to capture even more in each photo you take.
* 14 Megapixel: 14 million pixels in the high-resolution mean superior image quality. View images on your computer or TV, print wallet size up to poster size portraits, all without losing a single detail.
* Tap Control: This unique feature allows some basic operations to be completed by simple taps to the top, back and sides of the camera, a feature handy during underwater filming.
* 19 Scene Modes to fit any scene situation, light or dark, dry or wet.
* Panorama Mode: Equipped with in-camera Panorama, allowing the capture of three images stitched together creating one panoramic photo with Automatic Stitch Scene.
* Editing Options Built In (re-size your image, reduce red-eye, smooth picture and more)
* Face Detection and Face Tracking on Screen: Allows the camera to track and recognize a familiar face on the LCD screen.
* HD Video Recording with TV Playback: One-Touch HD Movie allows you to record in widescreen format resulting in HD movies to view on your TV, computer, or directly on the camera itself.
* Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery with Charger
* 2GB of Internal Storage: Store all your photos and videos. If that's not enough, you can add an optional SD (Secure Digital) memory card or even the new SDHC cards. No more expensive XD cards for this camera!
* 2.7-inch LCD: The LCD screen features an extra wide viewing angle with anti-glare technology which allows for easier viewing in even the brightest conditions.
So, with all of these features and even more to offer, it is clear to see why I have chosen this camera as my top waterproof camera pick of 2010.