If you are on a tight budget and planning a trip to Disney, check out Mousesavers.com! The site boasts "over 300 pages of FREE information about Disney discounts." I located this site purely by accident many years ago when I was planning our first family trip to Disney World. It was immensely helpful for me then, and remains invaluable to me now.
Mousesavers.com is super easy to navigate. The main page is set up in three columns. The left column is a list of links for more information including: "Walt Disney World, " "Disneyland, " "Disney Cruise Line, " "Plane, Rental Car, Shuttle & More, " "Disney Freebies." The right column, my personal favorite, is shaded yellow and includes information on "Latest News and Hot Deals" for Disney. The middle column includes the welcome and general information.
Using the links, you can research transportation information, such as:
* Which are the best rental car companies to deal with?
* How you can save money by deferring the extra insurance with rental cars (your insurance likely will cover this).
* How you can save on airfare.
There is also a wealth of information pertaining to Disney, itself. For instance,
* On what dates can you find the biggest discounts?
* Are there any current discounts for Disney resorts?
* When is free dining this year?
* What discount can you get for your AAA card?
* What about Military discounts?
* What are the discounts for annual pass holders (it may be worth it to get ONE for someone in your group)?
* Is Mousesavers.com offering any discounts on off-property hotels?
Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter; they will send you a "monthly e-mail with exclusive discounts not available on the web site!" In between their monthly newsletters, they will send out red alert information as well.
Seriously, I could go on and on. Mousesavers.com is a wealth of information for discount travel in relation to Disney. I believe it is better than a published guide book because it is updated at least monthly so it has the most up-to-date information. I have used Mousesavers.com numerous times over the years and it has saved me tons of money on our family trips to Disney World.