Today's fast paced and hectic lifestyle has brought about a dependence in fastfood and a sedentary lifestyle. This has led to the rise in cases of obesity. This can do no good as it would lead to diseases later in life such as diabetes and coronary heart disease. It is therefore important that we lose weight and get to the proper weight for our age and our height. The following are tips to help in weight loss.
1. Out with the white - A factor is weight gain is our propensity towards simple sugars which are most commonly found in rice, white noodles and white bread. A good substitute for this would be whole wheat bread and noodles, potatoes and brown rice.
2. Exercise - Try to start with simple forms of exercise such as jogging around the neighborhood, running on a treadmill or biking. Then try to either go to a gym or engage in a sport regularly such a basketball, volleyball, tennis or badminton. Exercise helps burn fat and keep you in shape.
3. Slow down with the fastfood - Fastfood such as burgers, fries, fried chicken and pizza is high on fats and the fats make you fat. Try to go for healthier alternatives such as a submarine sandwich or a salad or better yet go on a high fiber and low fat meal prepared from home.
4. Lessen the sweets - Sure chocolates, cakes and ice cream taste good and its nice to pig out on them. However, it doesn't seem to look as good when you step on the weighing scale and look at how massive you have become. Curtail your consumption or watch yourself bloat like a balloon.
5. Eat fresh - Try to eat fresh foods instead of canned or processed food, Food that is not fresh are often bombarded with chemicals and preservatives not to mention oils, salt and sugar as well.