Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior brought the arcade action of the famous fighting game to the home consoles. The game starred eight playable fighters namely Ryu, Ken, Guile, Chun Li, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka and E Honda. The game also features four bosses which are Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M Bison. The game pits you gauntlet style against the other fighters. Once you win, you get a different ending for each character. Here are some tips on how to help you in your game.
1) Master the character's signature moves - Each character has his or her special set of moves. For example, Ryu has a fireball, a hurricane kick and an uppercut. Learn to time the execution of these moves to be able to maximize their effect and to avoid being blocked.
2) Learn to block - Do not just mindlessly attack blitzkrieg style. Learn to be a good counter attacker too. Block then attack.
3) Learn combos - Use a combination of kicks, punches and special attacks to get multiple hits of an encounter. This might even daze the opponent and give you the chance the attack him unhampered.
4) Learn the matchups - There are certain characters that have difficulty beating other characters because of what they can and cannot do. For example a matchup between the behemoths Zangief and E Honda would be closer than a match between Guile and Zangief. This is because both Zangief and E Honda do not have projectiles and would just slug it out while Guile can just use his sonic booms and flashkicks to deter Zangief's attacks.
5) Learn your advantages - Some characters such as Ryu, Ken, Guile and Dhalsim have projectiles. Others like Chun Li are lightning quick. Bruisers such as Zangief and E Honda deal high damage with their attacks. Dhalsim also has a unique stretching ability which allows him to attack without going near the opponent.