Creative Commons License and Attribution Requirements
Creative Commons is a not-for-profit company committed to the right for others to disperse original, copyrighted works to learn from and expand upon without legal consequence.
Under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License, any of Sharedreviews' text is freely available for republishing or otherwise sharing. In this way, higher exposure and readership are created for Sharedreviews' authors by allowing other websites, blogs, or interested parties to redistribute our content with proper attribution.
To republish Sharedreviews content, the following conditions must be met:
- The work must be credited to Sharedreviews by linking to our source page in a prominent manner as specified in the full attribution requirements below.
- Content cannot be re-published for commercial purposes, and must not be altered, although snippets and summaries can be used. Commercial syndication and re-mixing rights can be purchased through a license, please contact [email protected] to discuss your needs.
- Republishing more than 10 works per domain is not allowed, though domains that regularly receive more than 5,000 readers per day may arrange a special free syndication agreement to up the count. To inquire further, please contact [email protected] .
- Videos are covered under the Creative Commons License, as long as the videos are played using our player and embed code that is accessible via the embed tab of the player on our pages. The embed code cannot be altered.
- Items that are not covered under the Creative Commons License include author profile photos, on-site advertising, trademarks, or trade dress.
- You can learn more about our mission and who we are at our About Us page.
- If you have questions or comments feel free to email us at [email protected] We are always glad to hear of the republishing of our authors' work.
To re-publish content from Sharedreviews, you need to attribute us as the source of the information in order to:
- Help interested readers find the original work and its author to acquire further information.
- Give authors the credit they deserve for their hard work. Linking back to the original source allows readers to learn more about the author, and allow the author to gain a following.
- When you link back to Sharedreviews in a prominent manner, more readers are attracted to Sharedreviews. This may ultimately lead to more authors, which is what is needed to help us achieve our mission of becoming the world's largest supplier of quality content online.
How to Properly Attribute Sharedreviews In Online Media
- Embed a link in your page that is prominently placed and easily followed by both people and computers back to the Sharedreviews homepage: (http://www.sharedreviews.com) AND to each Sharedreviews page used (e.g., the specific article title such as 'Asus G73 J Series Laptop Best I've Owned Ever!'). If you came to this page from an article on Sharedreviews, you can find the link in the green NOTICE section at the top.
- Disclose that the content is available under our Creative Commons license with a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.
- Credit must be prominently placed with human and machine follow-able links (Do not use no-follow links). This attribution to Sharedreviews should be at least as visible as any credits to any other sources that reside on your website.
Ideal Website Attribution Example
"Content provided by Sharedreviews, the world's first Publishing Game for Writers. Please leave feedback on this article and find author information at the original Sharedreviews posting of Asus G73 J Series Laptop Best I've Owned Ever!. Content on Sharedreviews may be shared under a Creative Commons License."
How to Properly Attribute Sharedreviews In Offline Media
Please make attribution to Sharedreviews at least as visible as attribution to any other source mentioned in your publication.
Ideal Offline Attribution Example
"Content provided by Sharedreviews.com, the world's first Publishing Game for Writers. Please provide feedback on this article and find author credits at Sharedreviews.com. Content on Sharedreviews.com may be shared under a Creative Commons License."