After first purchasing a bad webcam, I decided to just got to Walmart and get a decent low cost webcam. I didn't need anything fancy, I just wanted a basic model to play with and to learn something about them. I had never played much with a webcam.
I found this Quickcam to be just what I was looking for in a webcam.
What came in the package.
1. The Logitech Quickcam of course.
2. A small microphone with a small one ear, earphone.
3. Quickcam v11.8 software for the Quickcam.
4. ArcSoft Collage Creator which is a digital scrap-booking software CD.
5. Hp Photosmart Essential 1.9 which helps you create great prints.
6. Instructions and information for installing the cam.
Features of the Cam
* It has a snapshot button and focus ring right on the cam for easy use.
* It adjusts easy and is easy moved to get a clear pic.
* The long cord give the user a great amount of distance to use this cam for taking pics or creating videos.
* It is very reasonably priced.
* It has decent picture quality.
* The installation is easy and only takes minutes to install. The step by step instructions are very easy to follow.
* There is some versatility to using this cam. You can take pics and videos very easily.
* A website is available to help with any concerns you may have with the cam. There is also a list of support phone numbers on the back page of the instruction booklet. ( I have not had to call or contact them, so I can't tell you if they offer good support. If I ever have to call them, I will update this review with that information.)
Features of the Microphone
* The microphone is not big and bulky. It is very small and is easy to use.
* It has a long cord making it easier to move around when doing videos.
* It has good sound quality.
* It is easy to adjust the microphone controls right from your PC.
(The mic is very small. Some may want a mic with better quality. You may want headphones to drown out the sound. It works fine for my purposes, but again it all depends on what a person is looking for in their cam and microphone equipment.)
This cam has served my purposes very well. I did not need a high tech cam with tons of bells and whistles. I just needed something basic to take some pics and do some basic video. This cam has served that purpose very well.
The drawbacks are in what one is wanting it to do. If you are wanting more elaborate videos and want one with more adjustments, then you will need a more high tech cam. If you are like me and only need something basic, then I would recommend this cam. You certainly can't beat the price.