Its been a long time since my last review so i think its about time i start reviewing another stuff again. This time i'll try to tell about a printer I bought a couple years ago.
Canon Pixma IP1200 is a cheap printer compared to another printer in the same class. This printer dimension is 42x22x12cm and is by no means heavy. It comes with a tri ink cartridge but you can buy a black cartridge as an extra should you print a lot of text pages. This cartridge does not replace the tri colour it sits alongside.
The good points of this printer:
* easy to use.
* easy to re-fill the ink.
* light and have small size relatively to the other ptinter.
* driver and resetter software easily available.
* This printer accompanied by a software which makes it easy to print whether image or text document.
* good image print result.
The bad sides of this Printer:
* This printer is fairly noisy.
* Slow; Printing the normal nonsensical 200 word document in 'draft' produced 10PPM and this would be suitable for draft purposes as it was rather grey. Printing the more normal 1500 word document spread over four pages with the same 'draft' settings came through at 7PPM.
I recomended this printer for personal use where speed is not that important - only quality - three minutes for an A4 borderless page is excellent and looking at the output under a glass for a three ink printer it was excellent. I suggest not to use this printer heavily, just make less than100 page printing per process. some times this printer stop working in the midle of printing process if you make more than 100 page in one process. If this problem happend then restart the printer and printing process is usefull, and if the problem continue ... perhaps the printer needed to be resetted with resetter software.