I was never really interested in monitoring my heart with exercise. I never really understood the necessity. I must admit that I was not very smart when it came to exercise. Since having MS and having to do all the exercise to keep myself functioning for the past 6 years, I have learned a bunch about exercise.
I have, also, been told by my doctor that I need to monitor my heart rate when I exercise because of my heart valve problem. I tend to have real problems when my heart rate jumps to high. So, I broke down and bought a heart rate monitor.
This is the basic monitor sold by Cardiosport. It is really all I need. They have better models at much higher prices, but why buy more then what you need. This one does all I need it to do.
The features of this heart rate monitor are as follows:
* It has memory recall of the last time you worked out with a single button.
* It has workout effort and feedback controls.
* It comes with Contour Lite transmitter belt.
* It is water resistant.
* It is budget priced. It is much cheaper then the other models they sell.
* Comes with a free fat caliper. Shows how much fat you burn with each workout.
* Large number display. (Important since I have bad eyesight.
* It gives the workout session in hours, minutes and seconds with the press of a button while giving you the maximum, minimum, and average heart rate during the session. This is all done with the press of just one button.
This heart rate monitor is just what I need to keep track of my heart rate during a workout.
For anyone who is just beginners to working out, or do not require a fancy heart rate monitor; this product is for you. I highly recommend this monitor.