I am considering the seat for my son as his Traditions is almost expired. I am debating between this seat and the Britax Frontier
Forward Facing Harness to 65lbs. 4 harness slots: 12", 14.5", 16.5", and 18.5".
There are also 2 buckle strap positions: approximately 6" and 7" (depth of seat to crotch buckle)
High Back Booster to 100lbs The shoulder belt guide is 21" high
Backless booster to 100lbs
Cost, about $200
• Great for larger children as it harnesses to 65lbs
• Can use as a high back or backless booster to 100lbs.
• Harness is easy to adjust – straps can be tightened in one smooth pull rather than several short pulls like most seats.
• Headrest has EPS foam for safety and is easily adjustable for height.
• Seat cover has matching shoulder and belly pads.
• I love the convenient cupholder on the right side, and storage areas in both armrests.
• Graco has approved the use of LATCH (both lower anchors and tether) in high-back booster mode so the seat is always secured.
• Expiration has been extended to 9 years for low-back booster use (it is still 6 years for harness and high-back booster modes).
• Its a large seat, and may not fit smaller vehicles. The base of the carseat must fit fully on the vehicle seat, There can't be any overhang
• It doesn’t rear face
• Heavy about 20lbs, which makes it difficult to move from one car to another.
• LATCH connectors are clip-style, not the easier-to-use push-button
• Limited selection of cover designs
• Cost, priced at about$200 this is more expensive than most stage II boosters on the market, but it is FAR better in booster mode.
This is a great, high weight combination seat. Open belt guides make it a great booster. I would recommend this seat to anyone looking for a forward facing only seat.
Remember that children should be kept rear facing as long as possible, until they reach the weight/height limit of their combination sea. Preferably until at least age 2!