We spent a long time looking for the right window blinds. It was a chore and a nightmare. We got several estimates from many different companies. The blinds we looked at were either way out of our price range or were just not of the best quality.
A couple of years ago we decided to take a stab in the dark and ordered the Faux Blinds from Overstock.com. We have never been sorry.
We decided to only buy two and put these in the living room. We didn't want to spend too much money if these were not of the best quality. When you buy online, you don't get the opportunity to see it before you buy it. However, Overstock.com does have an excellent return policy so we were confident it would turn out great.
These window blinds are beautiful and have held up nicely.
* They are durable and easy to clean.
* They come in several colors. (Colors include; pearl white, snow white, alabaster and faux natural.)
* They come in many different sizes making it easy to customize them to our windows.
* Each blind comes with a valence and all the materials needed for installation. This includes, easy to follow instructions.
(Note: If you are mounting them inside the widow casing instead of outside, you need to figure the blind width by subtracting 1/2 to 1 inch from the measurement to allow for the valance and mounting brackets. This will make sure the blinds fit properly.)
* These blinds provide all the style of wood blinds and look great.
* We saved money by purchasing these blinds at Overstock.com
* They do not fade or warp because of sun and other weather changes. They are made of polyvinyl composite instead of wood.
* They meet Child safety guidelines.
* They have the look of wood, but do not require the maintenance of wood blinds.
* There is easy to use tilt location on the left and lift cord on the right.
These blinds have served us well. Since they are still available at Overstock.com, we will probably be purchasing more for the other rooms of the house.
The only drawback I can see with these blinds would be for those wanting actual wood blinds. If that is the case then these blinds are not for you. For us, the easy cleaning and easy maintenance made up for this fact.
I would recommend these blinds to anyone who wants to dress up their windows with decent blinds, and avoid the cost of more expensive blinds.