I needed a mouse to work on my more detailed graphics projects. The touch pad on my laptop is a bit touchy for detailed, intricate graphics.
My son bought me the Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse, and I love it.
I have been using it for over a year without any difficulty at all.
* Because it is an optical mouse I do not need a mouse pad. This mouse will work on any surface.
* Because it is wireless, I do not have to mess with a cord or wire.
* Windows will usually recognize this mouse without installing drivers, but a CD is provided in case I would need it.
* The wireless unit plugs into the USB port and has a red light indicator to let me know that it is working.
* The mouse fits comfortably into the palm of my hand and does not cause any strain to my wrist when using it.
* The mouse takes two AA batteries.
This mouse has served me very well for well over a year now. It has proven its value, and I have certainly gotten my money's worth.
The only drawback is having to replace batteries. I buy rechargeable batteries, and it has saved some expense. Batteries usually last about a month or two depending on how much I use the mouse.
This mouse is great for laptop owners who do not like using the touch pad, and those who need a mouse for doing detailed graphics or playing games.
I would highly recommend this mouse to all computer users.