I've never been one to upgrade my operating system just to upgrade, but Leopard is worth it 100%
Time Machine, a new feature which automatically backs up your entire drive on a regular basis (every hour!) is worth the money it takes to upgrade to Leopard. You simply connect an external drive and whenever your computer is connected to it, it will automatically back up everything on your computer without you having to do anything. It's one of the most awesome things apple has thought up in a long time, so awesome you almost wonder how it didn't happen sooner!
Other new features include:
- Quicklook - which allows you to see what is in your files without opening them, you can see what your document is, pictures look like or movies contain without having to go through any trouble. No longer does it matter if you can't remember the name, use Quicklook and you can find your files visually.
- Spaces - allows you to create different 'spaces' on your computer. Such as one might contain your internet windows/chat. Another one may contain your word documents and excel spreadsheets. While in one 'space' you won't see the other, but you can switch between them seamlessly.. keeping you from closing windows or moving things around on your workspace.
- Boot Camp - (I consider this one blasphemous) allows you to run windows on your mac
- Safari - Quicker and faster!
- iChat - with updated video chat, backgrounds and effects, all just fun.
-Parental Controls - If you have children on your machine, it'll safeguard what they can see and use
Overall, it is completely worth the money for this easier to use platform that has lots of new perks, but most of all .. it safeguards everything you own automatically with Time Machine, the gem of this operating system.