Who doesn't remeber M&M's slogan of melts in your mouth not in your hand? Mars' M&M's is one of the most popular chocolate brands of all time. It comes in several variants such as plain, almond, peanut, peanut butter and rice crispies. It also has several colors such as red, yellow, green, blue, orange and brown. With power brands such as M&M, the Mars company in fact has $7 billion in annual sales in the US.
What is ironic is that the idea of M&M'swas concocted by Forrest Mars Sr. in the Spanish civil war in the 1930's while seeing some soldiers eating Nestle Smarties which has chocolate coated in a hard outer shell which prevented it from melting. He then came out with his own process in 1941 and M&M's was born.M&M's have gone through a lot of changes throughout the years from color combinations to variants to packaging.
This particular deal by Costco is an absolute bargain. At $23.45 each packet of M&M's comes out to a less than $0.49. Thats a good deal for one to two months supply ofthis famous chocolate.
These are what I like about M&M's
1) Convenience - M&M's don't melt easily unlike chocolate bars and come in small bite size pieces. They also come in small individually sealed packets.
2) Sharability - Its quite messy to share chocolate bars especially when they are close to melting. M&M's could be shared easily.
3) Variants - Special edition M&M's come out from time to time especially during holidays like Christmas. Also MLB and Star Wars M&M's came out at one point. This doesn't take into account flavor variants such as peanut and almond M&M's.
4) Colors - M&M's are very colorful with a multitude of various colors.
5) Shelf Life - Individual wrapping prolongs the shelf life of this chocolate.
6) Price - How could something this good be so cheap?
I would recommend this product to any chocoholic out there. This product is that damn good!