Just last month, I went through a debachle with my internet service provider, AT&T. When we got their DSL service about a year and a half ago, they sent us a Siemens Speedstream 4100 modem. It worked "OK" for most of its life, then after about a year and four months, it started acting up. I wouldn't load any web pages until it was re-booted. It was slowing down considerably. Then, it finally quit working altogether. After doing a little research online, I found out that AT&T had sent out millions of these Speedstream modems, and a lot of them were going haywire after short periods of time. The nice people over at AT&T were kind enough to send me a replacement modem for free. This time it was a Motorola 2210 DSL modem. Immediately after hooking it up and running the installer disk, I noticed significant improvements in my internet speed. My speeds were better than I had ever gotten with the Speedstream 4100. It is a far more reliable modem than my previous one in terms of connectivity and reliability.