Since we have enterd the computer age, we are more and more becoming a paperless society. However, we still find ourselves needing someplace to keep certain files. For me this includes: contracts, tax forms, and other important paper documents. For these items, I prefer the simplest, easiest, and cheapest method for filing them.
I do not require large over sized filing cabinets or complex file systems. I use file boxes which I purchased from Sam's Club. It is far easier to move them and to organize them. I have 5 in all and each one is for a different purpose.
They hold all I need them to hold. Anything which isn't in these boxes is stored on my external hard drive.
Features are limited, but meat my needs just fine.
* Each box is 13-3/4" Wide, 11-1/2" Deep, and 11" High. (Larger boxes are available through Sam's Club.)
* They are portable and can be carried anywhere easily.
* They are very inexpensive.
* The Flip up handles do not get in the road when you are getting into the boxes.
* Lid snaps into place keeping items secure.
* Boxes come with three hanging file folders.
* They are very durable. I have had mine for several years, and they still look like new.
Drawbacks of these boxes are minimal to me and do not alter the usefulness of these filing boxes for my own purposes.
* These boxes only come in black.
* Security is limited, but for my purposes this is sufficient. This could be a major drawback to someone wanting more security of their files.
* They are not expandable.
Keep in mind that these boxes are not meant to be a part of a sophisticated filing system. They are part of the simple approach to filing for those who do not have a massive amount of files to organize.
I would recommend these boxes to anyone just wanting to organize a small amount of paperwork.