When it comes to webcams, I am certainly no expert. I do know that when something is purchased new and comes in it's original package one does expect it to work. Oh, it did for a while. At first, I thought it had something to do with the fact that i had purchased it off of Ebay. However, I did have doubts that it was the sellers fault. I had purchased many items from this particular seller and had no problems at all with anything I had purchased.
After talking to a few friends, I discovered that they had similar problem with this particular model of webcam.
First, here are the features of this HP Notebook Webcam.
* It is easy to install.
* It is easy to adjust if you are using it on Yahoo messenger.
* It comes with easy to install software. (If the cd actually worked.)
* It says that there is 24 hour tech support.
* It comes with a microphone. (That is the best thing which came with the cam....It works great and is the only reason I gave this review a 2 rating.)
Now, the drawbacks to this Cam.
* The image keeps turning yellow....This happens no matter how I adjust and even after completely following all of HP's troubleshooting tips.
* HP tech support was lousy. Once I finally talked to someone, He said, "Sorry, but I can't help you. I know nothing about cams." Well of course I asked him to put me with someone who does, but he told me no one was in that department and he didn't know when they would be in there. The company wouldn't even send me a new CD. Even though the purchase was proven and verified. They said the CD worked and that it was my CD rom drive that was bad. Funny..I bought a new cam and that CD worked fine and so did the cam.
* Because the CD didn't work and all the other issues; when the cam did work for the couple days it did, i could only adjust the settings in Yahoo messenger. I didn't buy the cam just to chat in Yahoo, but that was the only way I could use it.
* At one point, after about a couple of days, the cam quit working all together.
Now, one might say, "Well, you purchased it on Ebay. That is the risk you take."
Well, I have dealt with this particular seller for a very long time. He was willing to return my money. I just did not want to mess with it. I didn't loose out that much. I wanted a working cam.
If you are looking for a webcam, I would stay away from this one for sure. There are other webcams out there that work much better and do not cost much more then this one.