Due to the fact that I don't have enough electrical outlets in the room where my computer is I use a power strip or what it also is known as a surge protector.
When my current power strip did not seem to be working correctly I discarded it and went looking for a new one. I wanted one that would lay flat on the ground and not tip over when I put a couple of electrical plugs in it. I also wanted a power strip that had a nice length of cord on it so everything would reach the power strip.
While at the store looking for a surge protector we found the Philips Surge Protector. This power strip has a 15 foot cord (4.6 m), a 980 Joule rating and seven outlets. The 980 joule rating is the one recommended for a home office they contains such things as computers, telephone, printer, modem and other office products. This surge protector is made so that if there is a surge the surge protector will merely shut off all power to equipment and will take the damage itself instead of letting your equipment be damaged.
If the Philips Surge Protector does not work as it is suppose to Phillips will cover damage to a person's equipment up to $150, 000. There is a one year limited warranty on this product. There are a lot of conditions on these warranties so a consumer should read the whole warranty.
We are pretty happy with his power strip. It does a nice job. It provides a few more outlets and also protects our computer equipment from electrical surges.