We got Jordan, my grandson the Playskool Walk ‘n Ride for his birthday. It combines his learning to walk while holding on to things with his love of riding.
* It converts from a push walking toy to a ride on toy and back again.
* It has a lift hood for storage of smaller toys.
* It has a colorful spinner.
* It has interesting textures.
* It has a soft flexible antenna.
* It has a spinning drum which makes funny faces.
* It has an easy grip handle.
* It has a clicking dial which emphasizes Jordan’s love for noise makers.
* It has 4 colorful wheels.
* It has a strong sturdy base.
* It is easy to assemble.
* It is made of strong sturdy plastic.
* It is meant for babies starting at 9 months old.
He is having a bit of trouble getting use to it, but he is making progress. It is helping him a bit to gain skills in walking and balance. These are skills which take some time for babies to perfect. Some are much faster then others at gaining these skills, but this toy does help to some extent.
The only drawback to this toy is that the wheels slide just a bit when used as a walking toy indoors. You have to brace it a bit, if the baby does not have quite enough balance, to hold it steady. I do wish the wheels had a bit of a catch or break to lock the wheels when he stands. It would be nice if it had a bit of tension added to wheels to allow it move with bit more resistance so it would not slide.
The baby should never be unattended when playing with this toy. This warning is even posted on the box. Parents have to watch the baby closely, especially, when using this as a walker. Jordan enjoys the ridding part much better. He mostly moves it backwards. We push him forwards, and he is starting to get the hang of it.
The walking part is getting a little bit easier, but this works best out side where the grass can add a bit leverage and resistance. It, also, provides a bit of stability to the wheels.
Overall, I like this toy because it offers a bit of a challenge to the baby when they are beginning to walk. It helps them gain skills in balance and coordination while using it as a walking toy or a riding toy.