We bought this camera in 2005 prior to the birth of our son. This camera just died on us in early 2009 - if it had not broke (the lens no longer opens and comes out when it is turned on), we would have continued to use it, as it met all of our needs. We are heavy digital camera users, and take an average of 300-700 digital pictures a month. We don't abuse our cameras, but they do need to be able to stand up to daily wear and tear.
1. Great with rechargeable batteries - we could take a lot of pictures on one set of rechargeable batteries.
2. Carl Zeiss lens - Sony uses Zeiss lenses, the same people that make lenses for microscopes. This was a selling point for me.
3. Captures amazing images in natural light.
1. Takes a long time to recharge between flashes. This was getting to the point where we were not able to catch our ever-faster moving son at the right time.
2. A little bulky. This was a little annoying at times, but was also nice for my husband who has larger hands.