I have used Norton Anti-Virus for about nine years and have had no problems. I have seen other people loose their computers to viruses which their virus protectors missed while mine is secure. I have never lost a hard drive or a system to a virus.
My son keeps me supplied with Symantec Anti-Virus Software. He got me the Corporate Edition because it seems to work better then the home editions.
* It is simple to configure and operate.
* It scans automatically.
* It scans Emails, files, internet operations, downloads, all items in the Microsoft Exchange, and all items located or used through your computer system.
* It has Live Update which update the software and virus definitions as new ones become available.
* It alerts and quarantines any threats as soon as they happen. I can then choose to remove the object from my computer. Sometimes my computer will have to be restarted to completely get rid of the threat.
* It is easy to customize the scans.
* It is easy to schedule any scan.
* It keeps a record of the scan history, update history, and threats.
* It can be purchased for multiple users in one package.
This particular version is set up to be compatiable with Windows Vista. If you have Windows XP or other version of Windows you will have to purchase a different version.
Overall, I have liked the protection I have received from this version of Symantec Anti-Virus.
The main drawback is in the price. It can be quite expensive, but it is possible to find it at a much more reasonable price then is offered from Symantec directly. Visit www.nextag.com/Symantec-AntiVirus-10-2-536319179/prices-html to see the many different places you can purchase this version of Symantec Anti-Virus.
I know that many people have been disappointed with Symantec products lately. If you have had issues with these products, I certainly understand your need to choose others which work better.
Protecting a computer is very important. Once we find something which works, it is best to stick with what we trust.