Weight Watchers has some good aspects ( menu plans, simple accounting system, balanced food, support and its own line of food). It does not work long term for me for the following reasons:
(1) Largest concern: lacks equal emphasis on exercise to the food.
(2) It is moderatly expensive and difficult to go totally off and the retain weight loss long term.
(3) For someone 6 foot 4 the portions are too small to fill me up.
(4) The taste of its food could be improved and gets boring after awhile.
(5) Avoid eating out and travel challenge
I have tried a number of plans and Weight Watchers stacks up well but find all have similar over reliance on food of two components. Basically made my own plan and lost 50 pounds over the last two years and seem to be keeping it off. I plan to lose 40 more over the next year and keep it off for one year the real test of my plan.
Bottom line: Weight Watchers as good as many commercial plans but not enough for me to work long term.